Sunday, January 6, 2008

Well the heat wave has arrived..

It is 53* here this morning. A lot nicer than a few days ago. I can deal with this. Well, I am getting better at this blogging stuff. I am trying to remember to post something everyday.Yesterday was a lazy sick day. John has the crud that I had all week and he was in bed about all day. Today we are supposed to go to Terry and Susan's for lasagna. I can taste it now.They just moved into a house they are buying and it was a fixer-upper. They have done a great job on it so far. I hope my updating and repairs looks that good.My place sure needs it.We have a lot to do here.Everything from replacing bathrooms totally to removing all the carpet and laying hardwood laminate flooring from one end to the other and adding paneling. I will have to do before and after shots for here.I want to paint and John wants a light plank paneling through out so in order to get it all done, I will compromise there.Lowe's is gonna love us. It might take all this year to get it all done. I think the kitchen will be the last thing we get to. We are doing away with a small wall and adding a dishwasher there. And we are getting rid of the dining table and ripping the existing island out to replace it with a new bar for stools. It needs to be moved to the center of the floor and the stove is going against the wall where the refrigerator is now. I am getting new oak cabinets and a neutral counter top.I am so sick of blue.I want light and neutral through out the whole house.That way I can change my colors when I want to. My huge,useless garden tub is coming out of my bath and my washer and dryer is going in there. Out of sight and out of mind(wishful thinking...LOL).We are getting a bigger stand up shower in there and no carpet!! Woo Hoo!!!! I am hating carpet. Well I have to run and get that washer and dryer rolling today so I can get ready for the week.I will be back later.I hope everyone has a great day and a greater week.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Hey, We are putting the Darlington Oak through here and I love it. The living room is almost done he got that fixed in front of the sliding doors yesterday and there is only a small section left to put the flooring. We went last night and got the baseboard to get ready to go up. I've quit in the kids bathroom I don't like it and we are going to do something different but right now I don't know what. We only have until the 18th to get everything back in order in the living/dining room because Brendon and Kaylee will be here for 5 days. I haven't had them since September. I know how you feel about the carpet I couldn't wait for it to be taken up but be prepared for what you may find under it that may need to be fixed. We had three sections that the floor had to be fixed. And yes Lowe's has been loving us for almost a year now. lol



Contributors